Boys and girls good morning,
Euroleague Round 2 finished with Fenerbahce winning in Barcelona, confirming what I wrote last Monday: Fenerbahce is stronger than Barcelona, or, at least, the Turlisk team had a better position in my Power Rankings.
By the way, you can easily check all the Euroleague Power Ramkings I wrote this season, in order:
1. Euroleague Power Rankings n°1 on July 17
2. Euroleague Power Rankings n° 2 on August 21
3. Euroleague Power Rankings n° 3 on October 17
Now let’s go on with Euroleague Power Rankings n° 4 !!
01. CSKA MOSCOW: 81-77 was the final result in the win against Panathinaikos. Not a great win for Nando De Colo and friends, anyway it’s enought for confirming the Russian team at the top of Cigarafterten Euroleague Power Rankings.
02. REAL MADRID: the battle of Tel Aviv saw a wonderful Real, a team that now has to face Estudiantes in Liga ACB. Not an easy job for the Pablo Laso’s band.
03. MACCABI TEL AVIV: my beloved Maccabi continues to fall down in this ranking and in the Euroleague table. The question is why does Maccabo continue to lose? The answer is: because of the defence.
04. FENERBAHCE: this season the Final Four will be in Istanbul. Bobby Dixon (15 points against Barcelona) want to be there wwith his teammates.
05. DARUSSAFAKA: even if the Greens lost with Milano, they are still one of the best Euroleague team in my mind. Darussafaka coach is David Blatt. Keep calm and let Blatt works, wonderful results are coming.
06. BARCELONA: unlucky night for Barcelona with Fenerbahce. I suggest the team to give some chances to the Brasilian player Wesley Sena. He can be usefulf also in Euroleague.
07. CRVENA ZVEZDA: what a win in Istanbul! I anly can say I trusted in the Serbian team so much to place a good bet on Crvena Zvezda. You already know my tips: never underestimate the Jugobasket and, in Euroleague 2016/2017, never underestimate Crvena Zvezda. Never!
08. UNICS KAZAN: Strong in VTB United League and weak in Euroleague. In Kazan something has to change as soon as possible.
09. MILANO: even if I am Italian, I don’t follow Italian media point of view. I think Milano is a good team, the 2-0 record in Euroleague confirm it is a good team, anyway I think the Red Shoes will have to fight till the end to enter into the top 8 teams that will play the post season.
10. BASKONIA: I already wrote about the problem of this team. The coach Sito Alonso seems does not trust too much in some of his player. In Kaunas Trevor Cooney played 0 minutes and 0 seconds, the same for Tadas Sedekerkis and, by the way, only 3:34 for Ilimane Diop.
11. OLYMPIACOS: what a wonderful week for the Red and White fans. The Pireaus’ team defeated Panathinaikos in the Greek League derby and then destroyed Efes in Euroleague. Today they feel like they are World Champions, but they are not.
12. GALATASARAY: good luck for the Sunday game with Banvit. The Turkish League is the battlefield of Galatasaray.
13. PANATHINAIKOS: the future starts this weekend. I suggest Panathinaikos fans to be optimistic, but to forget Euroleague dreams for this season.
14. BROSE: it seems Niccolò Melli is the key player in Bamberg. In the following weeks Brose is set to improve its position in this Power Rankings.
15. ZALGIRIS KAUNAS: Leo Westermann secured the triumph with Baskonia. He could be the man to watch next week.
16. EFES ISTANBUL: good night.