Boys and girls, good morning,
My friend Patekala asked me if Rami Hadar was the right man for Maccabi. Hadar answered himself with 2 wins in 2 games in his first week on Maccabi bench. So, good news for the yellow & blue fans, Tel Aviv is still an European capital in basketball.
Now let’s go to see the Cigarafterten Power Rankings after Round 4.
01. CSKA MOSCOW (4-0) the question is: who can defeat CSKA this season? The answer could arrive at the Friendship and Peace Arena at Pireaus next Thursday.
02. REAL MADRID (3-1) with Anthony Randolph securing 20 points and 14 rebouds, as he did in Milano, Real Madrid fans can start to dream. The target is the Final Four in Istanbul.
03. MACCABI TEL AVIV (2-2) after a 0-2 start, the season changed with Rami Hadar sitting on bench. Now the yellow and blue team has a nice 2-2 record n the Euroleague Standings. Next step is the Tel Aviv derby against Hapoel. By the way, do you know how I can watch this match as I live in Italy? Thanks for you help.
04. FENERBAHCE (3-1) Cska, Real Maccabi and Fenerbahce are, in my humble opinion the 4 aces on this Euroleague 2016/2017. You know my antepost bet: Maccabi Tel Aviv @ 26 stake 4/10. Anyway Fenerbache is one of the most dangerous team for anyone who want to win the title.
05. DARUSSAFAKA (2-2) please don’t care about the game lost with Efes. It was a derby and derbies always have some incredible results, especially in Turkey.
06. CRVENA ZVEZDA (2-2) with the point guard Nate Wolters in the roster, the Serbian team can fight till the end for a playoff spot.
07. BARCELONA (2-2) in this moment Barcelona is not in the top 4 teams.
08. BASKONIA (2-2) Baskonia, yes, Baskonia, why not? The basketball they played in this 4 Euroleague games suggested me to put this team in the top 8.
09. UNICS KAZAN (0-4) for the first time in this season, I have to put Kazan outside of the top 8 in my Euroleague Power Rankings. It’s a pity, but with a 0-4 start I could not doing something different.
10. MILANO (2-2) the problem of Milano is Milano itself. As I tried to explain many times, they think to be the best team in the world, the best town in the world, the best men in the world. In their mind, Milano is at the center of the world. The solution? 🚑
11. OLYMPIACOS (3-1) Olympiacos is back and the clash with CSKA on Thursday is the match of the month for Olympiacos fans.
12. PANATHINAIKOS (3-1) another win, another step to get closer to the post season. On Monday Pana hosts Kymis in Greek League. No problems for the Greens.
13. GALATASARAY (0-4) what’s wrong with Galatasaray? I don’t know.
14. BROSE (1-3) listening to Barcelona – Brose on Radio Bamberg I felt I have to improve my German. Anyway also Andrea Trinchieri has to improve something in his team.
15. EFES ISTANBUL (1-3) is Efes the worst Turkish team in Euroleague? I thought so, but now I am not so sure. What about your opinion?
16. ZALGIRIS KAUNAS: good luck for the match with Nevezis on Sunday.