Boys and girls, good morning,
Euroleague Round 3 told us that the Greeks are rising up! Olympiacos destroyed Milano 91-81 and Panathinaikos came back from Bamberg with an important 83-84 win. Both teams are now in good position with a 2-1 record and two interesting appointments. The Pireuas team travel to Vitoria, while Pana hosts Crvena Zvezda.
Anyway, let’s go to see the Cigarafterten Power Rankings after Round 3.
01. CSKA MOSCOW: propably the russina team will secure 1st or 2nd place in the regular season standings. It’s hard to find some strong rivals for this team. Waiting for CSKA 1st loss, I suggest to look at their american guard Cory Higgings, one of the best player in Euroleague 2016/2017, in my humble opinion.
02. REAL MADRID: you win with Estudiantes in Liga ACB and then you lose with Baskonia in Euroleague? Uhm … Real Madrid has to look at Spain in order to find the origin of its problems. Barcelona and Baskonia are two dangerous rivals in the rush for the glory (in Liga ACB and in Euroleague).
03. MACCABI TEL AVIV: new coach, new life, as we wrote when Erez Eldenstein was replaced by Rami Hadar. The new coach started with a win, so Maccabi fans, it’s time to be optimistic, isn’t it?
04. FENERBAHCE: this is the beloved team of any gambler! TBSL or Euroleague, it does not matter, when you want to place a bet, you know that Fenerbahce can win and that bookmakers still offer good odds on this Turkish team.
05. DARUSSAFAKA: when last summer I suggested that David Blatt boys where one of the strongest team in Euroleague, most you thought I was out of order. Now, all of you think I was right.
06. CRVENA ZVEZDA: the 2-1 record is a wonderful start for the Serbian team. The post season is their target. They can get it!
07. BARCELONA: what’s the problem with Justin Doellman and friends? Well, I don’t know, but what we know is that if Barca does not defeat Brose on friday night, this problem will become big, very big.
08. UNICS KAZAN: the problem is revealed in this article: Unics loses Clarke for at least 6 weeks.
09. BASKONIA: unbelievable! Baskonia lose the injured Andrea Bargnani, but goes to win in Madrid. Unbelievable, indeed.
10. MILANO: ok, now you know: Euroleague is not Italian Serie A.
11. OLYMPIACOS: the Pireaus great moment goes on!
12. PANATHINAIKOS: as for Maccabi, new coach and new life for Panathinaikos. A not so bad loss in Moscow followed by a great win in Bamberg. Now Xavi Pascual faces the most important exam of the week: Pana – Crvena Zvezda.
13. GALATASARAY: is the transfer market still open? I hope so for Gala supporters!
14. BROSE: unlucky start for Brose in Euroleague, anyway, the 1-2 record can be improved in few weeks.
15. ZALGIRIS KAUNAS: this team has some interesting players, we will focus on them in the following weeks.
16. EFES ISTANBUL: something as to change. As soon as possible..