This is my 3rd Euroleague Power Rankings as I opened the season with Euroleague Power Rankings n°1 on July 17. Then I provided a 2nd analysis with Euroleague Power Rankings n° 2 on August 21. After the Euroleague Round 1, that confirmed most of my ideas, it’s the right time to write a new Euroleague Power Rankings, the n° 3.
01. ↗️ CSKA MOSCOW: Dimitris Atoudis’ boys played a superb basketball last week in Istanbul. This team is Euroleague and VTB ruling champion, this is the team to beat as you want to win in Europe.
02. ↘️ MACCABI TEL AVIV: Victor Rudd and his teammates have a problem: the difence. The yellow and blue team lost 99-97 in Milan last week. How can you get 99 points by Olimpia Milano? These problem must be solved as soon as possible.
03. #⃣ REAL MADRID: in the last 3 weeks Pablo Laso’s team recorder 5 wins in 5 games. Real Madrid defeated, in order: Malaga, Oklahoma City, Valencia, Olympiacos and Murcia. It’s a magic moment for Real.
04. #⃣ FENERBAHCE: Bogdan Bogdanovic scored 18 points last week against Brose, but his team won only by 1 point. I am curious to see them in Barcelona on Friday night, aren’t you?
05. #⃣ DARUSSAFAKA: in the summer, when I put Darussafaka on the top 5 of Euroleague Power Rankigs, a lot of people wrote me I was out of order. Then, on Euroleague Roud 1, David Blatt drove his team to win in Belgrade. I am still waiting for some excuses.
06. #⃣ BARCELONA: Justin Deolmann scores 23 points in the blaugrana win in Russia last week, be careful of this player. No doubts this is s strong team, but, you know, I want to see them against Fenerbahce before making a strong opinion on Barcelona.
07. ↗️ UNICS KAZAN: the starting 5 is excellent: Antipov, Clarke, Langford, Ponkrashov and Parakhouski, but, what about the other players? This is the question. I don’t have the answer, not yet. Anyway, in mu humble opinion, Kazan is still one of the best 8 Euroleague teams.
08. ↘️ CRVENA ZVEZDA: Dejan Radonjic target is to drive his team to the playoffs. He can do it, but it will be an hard battle. Very hard.
09. #⃣ BASKONIA: Spanish Supercup has been a bad experience for the red and blues, anyway now Andrea Bargnani and friends are at the top of their form and the fans can dream.
10. #⃣ MILANO: in Italy Andrea Cinciarini and his teamates have no opponents, but in Europe life is not so easy. I suggest Olimpia Milano fans to be careful.
11. ↗️ OLYMPIACOS: even if Ioannis Sfairopoulos band lost in Madrid, this is still a dangerous team. My tip is to buy one or two young players, the season is long, very long.
12. ↘️ GALATASARAY: probably I am too cruel with Galatasaray, but I don’t trust them too much.
13. #⃣ PANATHINAIKOS: the win with Zalgiris Kaunas means nothing. Let’s wait to see the Greens against top European clubs.
14. #⃣ BROSE: this team is still a question point for me.
15. #⃣ EFES ISTANBUL: the Turkish League is their sea, but they find a lot of problems sailing in the open ocen of Euroleague.
16. #⃣ ZALGIRIS KAUNAS: Good luck.